Purpose, Mission & Vision
The purpose of BHS is to develop the whole student to positively contribute to the global community.
The mission of BHS is to develop a community of learners who have the competence and confidence to achieve personal goals and who are responsible stewards of our global community.
- Curriculum is rigorous, relevant, standards based, and integrates use of technology. Curriculum and assessments are aligned.
- The curriculum is horizontally and vertically aligned to the standards.
- Literacy and Standards for Mathematical Practices (SMPs) are integrated in all content areas.
- Instruction is aligned to the Standards.
- Instruction is scaffolded to reach clearly defined daily learning objectives aligned with driving question(s) and final outcome(s).
- Instruction is differentiated to address needs of students.
- High impact, research based instructional strategies are used.
- Instruction is rigorous and relevant.
- Instruction integrates 21st Century Learning skills and knowledge.
- All assessments are aligned to the Standards (Common Core, HCPS III, CTE, National/Industry, GLO’s & 21st century skills)
- Different types of assessments are used to measure student learning and promoting student growth and improvement.
- Assessments used for screening purposes are equitable and transparent.
- Formative/Summative assessments are used to inform instruction.
- Formative and summative data informs departmental or school wide decisions and actions.
- Students use assessment data to reflect upon and drive their own learning.
- All stakeholders work towards building positive relationships.
- All stakeholders collaborate constructively for continuous school improvement.
- All stakeholders act ethically and responsibly to implement school-wide expectations.
- All stakeholders promote a nurturing learning environment where all can actively engage in the learning process.